Tuesday, November 20, 2012

so recently...


i've found myself in a community and in a place where i am limited to sharing my personal beliefs.
i've found myself in a place where reading the bible during golden hour isnt "cool"

i wonder what it feels like.

to know that deep inside, someone loves you, but they don't like showing it because they're afraid of what others think. i've been thinking about this a lot lately. i know it isn't right, how i'm so captivated with what society must say and must think of me. i know that i'm being lured into the bottomless pit of peer pressure - where the hole will go on deeper and deeper, and the wounds of my faults will leave even deeper scars. i don't want to forget about my roots and about my beliefs. i don't want people to untie the strong knot of faith that i've been tying my whole life. i won't let them.

but i never expected things to be this difficult.
this whole struggle, i mean.

and as i think of this, i imagine a man in a suit with a wine glass giving me the eeriest smile in the world, saying: "welcome to reality."

thank you for the welcome, sir. but what i am really interested in is how i find my way in it.

+ if you've got any ideas on how i can handle peer pressure, i'd gladly take your ideas+

1 comments:

  1. Awwh I don't really know any amazing advice I can give you as I've never been in your position but all I can say is hold your head up high and in the end people will release that it's the real you that matters and not a fake person in place..also make sure you have good friends beside you. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

read the itty bitty comment policy !
{ too much? i know.}
you're lovely. i hope all the best for you.

friends